This may sound odd to some, but I love that my daughter has the extra chromsome! Simply put…I love Down Syndrome! I know we are still at the beginning of this new experience and there will be many challenges in the future, but as of today, life is fabulous! Here are a handful of reasons that I love seeing the little extra in our daughter:
- Her smile is so infectious! She loves to bounce up and down, and when she does, her smile is larger than life.
- Her almond eyes are so incredibly beautiful! I love how they sparkle and have such an exotic look to them.
- Her love for life, even as a baby, radiates and spreads to everyone she meets.
- She defied all odds against her, and continues to amaze us everyday.
- She adds so much joy to our family! Everyday is a miracle, and we’re so blessed to have her in our family!